Features and Benefits
- Front rotors are over-sized to 380x34mm same as 991 GT3, re-use stock caliper (w/open top for easy pad change)
- Rear rotors are also over-sized to 380x28mm (OE calipers limit the rotor thickness to 28mm) vs. GT3's 380x30mm
- Purchase this car kit can save you 10% than purchase front and rear separately
- Installing this kit the front OE pad will overhang approx 3-4mm due to rotor geometry change to 380mm, which can be removed with grinder or dremel
- For those who are not handy and will use this kit for track, we offer a modified pad (PD991A) optional upgrade with 70x18mm thick. (vs. OE's 64x16mm) to significantly increase the thermal capacity over OE pads
- Improved pads are also available for customers who purchased the kits before and prefer this brake pad upgrade
- This set up is expected to outperform the newest 991 GT3 w/standard brake with open top calipers (vs. close top) for easy pad change
- Best value kit compared to other BBK or brake upgrade options (OE or Aftermarket).
This kit includes
Front rotor ring: D501-04-381
Rear rotor ring: D502-01-381
Place spacer (directional) onto spindle where caliper is mounted, with RB logo and part number facing you.
Place caliper over spacer and use longer mounting bolts (supplied with the kit) to fasten caliper to spindle. Refer to service manual for proper torque specs.
After the kit is fully installed the front OE pad will naturally overhang the rotor top by about 2-3mm due to geometrical change from 350 to 380mm rotor. However, we have tooled a modified pad (PD991A) that will be fully compatible with OE calipers and eliminate the overhang issue.
Fitment with OE pad
Fitment with modified pad (PD991A)
Material: Racing Formula Alloyed Gray Iron & Heat treated
Finish: Open Slot
Surface Treatment: EDP Coating w/cross cut fine grinding on brake pad contact area
Our unique and patented rotor designs make our discs cooler and last longer.
- Convergent vane design
The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence and makes discs cooler. (Illustration #1)
- Center-mount design
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several benefits. (Illustration #2)
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
- Air inlets are widely open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides excellent heat balance.
- True floating design
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as disc expands and contracts and the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at temperature.
- Iron sleeve insert
RB aluminum rotors hats are constructed of aluminum with an iron sleeve insert. This allows for significant weight savings while still preserving the use of the stock emergency brake. This design is only available through RB.